If you are scared to walk into your back yard because you do not know what you will find there, below are ways you can transform it so you turn it into an oasis for you and your family.
Adding a patio to your backyard can transform it from something boring to something beautiful. Below are some different types of materials you can choose for your patio.
- Concrete: Concrete can be boring, but if you want to use it you can dress it up. Put a dye in the concrete to change the color, and then ask the contractor to stamp it for you. You can use colors like brown, tan, red, and more. This makes the concrete come alive, and is much better than the boring grey color.
- Stone: Using stone for your patio gives it a natural look. There are different types you can choose, such as limestone, slate, and flagstone.
- Brick: If you have a brick home, you may want to consider a brick patio. It does require more maintenance, as brick absorbs moisture and can crack if it freezes, so this is something you need to consider. You can keep this from happening by applying a sealant that is made for bricks yearly.
- Pavers: Paving stone patios come in many patterns, colors, and shapes so you can make your patio look unique. Talk with the concrete contractor who can show you the different types. Concrete pavers are durable and attractive. They look great on your patio, as well as a path that goes to your patio.
Once you install a new patio, you should consider adding a patio cover to protect you from the sun, rain, etc. Below are some different types of covers you can choose for your patio.
- Wooden: Wooden patio covers offers a natural beauty to your patio. It works well with almost any type of landscaping you have, because you can stain or paint it to match your home's décor. Asphalt shingles are often used on the cover to protect you even more from rain. Some types of wood that is commonly used include redwood, cedar, and maple.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is durable, and can withstand weather conditions very well. It also requires little maintenance, as you only have to clean it every few months. Aluminum does not have to be silver, as you can use a powder coating on it that comes in a variety of colors, such as brown, red, beige, brown, etc. Contact a company like Dura-Kool Aluminum Products for more information.
- Vinyl: If you want something that is free from maintenance but still provides you with protection, vinyl is a good choice. If you like the wood look, you can purchase vinyl that has a wood grain finish.
Once you get your patio in your backyard, you can start enhancing your yard in other ways. For example, you can purchase a comfortable table and chairs, use end tables, colorful pots of flowers, and more.